Material instructions and delivery for heatset and sheet printing
PunaMusta observes the ISO 12647-2 (2013) standard in its production. The new standard and its profiles have been introduced in full at the beginning of 2019. The amended standard aims to improve and modernise the standardisation of production and print quality.
Thus, the links to ICC profiles, Paper categories and CSF files on this page have been updated with new downloadable files 17/12/2018. If necessary, more information is provided by your contact person at PunaMusta.
Product size and layout
- In layouting, the size of the publication must be the size of the final product.
- Prepare the publication for layouting as pages, not per spread or page pairs.
- The PDF file can consist of several consecutive pages.
- Do not leave additional empty pages in the material.
- Trim allowances 3 mm. The producer/author/maker of the PDF file is responsible for ensuring sufficient trim allowances in the material.
- In 4-colour work, the RGB elements are converted in to the target CMYK profile during the work process.
- In PunaMusta’s work process, 100% black is forced to overprint and white is forced to knockout.
- Avoid placing elements closer than 4 mm from the edge of the page.
Accuracy of images
- Resolution of images 300 dpi, regardless of the rendering method. In newspaper products 200 dpi.
Do not use Scandinavian or special characters in the file names. The name must include an underscore in front of the page number, but the file name must not start with an underscore.
You can download the ICC profiles for preparing and drafting material here:
Copy to the ICC profiles folder:
Mac: Macintosh HD – Library – Application – Adobe – Color – Profiles – Recommended
Pc: Drive (C) – Windows – System32 – spool – drivers – color
Selection of a profile for Coldset printing:
- For all paper qualities: WAN-IFRAnewspaper26v5.icc
You can download the list of paper categories here:
You can download the CSF files here:
Load the CSF files in to Photoshop: ”Edit” – ”Color Settings” – ”LOAD”
If your material includes RGB elements, they will be converted during PunaMusta Oy’s work process in to the target profile of the product’s paper quality. Any input profile provided with the material shall be taken in to account in the conversion.
If you have any questions about the selection of a profile, please contact PunaMusta’s representative, tel. 010 230 8484 or email@example.com.
Environmental responsibility labels
PunaMusta has the Nordic environmental certification (Nordic Swan Label) and the license to use the PEFC Chain of Custody labels. The labels allow us to communicate the sustainable management of environmental issues to the reader of the print product. There are two versions of the PEFC label, one of them includes the PEFC claim that indicates the meaning of the label.
Rules that apply to both labels:
– The license to use the label is provided per printing house, the permit number must be valid.
– Labels concerning PunaMusta must be placed in connection with the details about the print location.
– The labels can be scaled, but the text and permit number must be legible.
– The colour of the labels must not be changed. The necessary colour palette can be found in the attached zip package.
If you use InDesign for page preparation, we recommend that you create a PDF file by exporting it.
You can download the JobOptions file for Acrobat Distiller and InDesign CS here: [updated 13/5/2011]
Transfer of material
Your contact person can provide you with credentials. We recommend using an FTP client for making the transfer of materials.
Mac: Cyberduck for Mac, you can download it here: http://cyberduck.ch
PC: FileZilla for PC, you can download it here: http://filezilla-project.org/
Portal, Web-based delivery and acceptance system for material: http://portal.punamusta.com
Your contact person can provide you with credentials.
You can download the Portal system’s user instructions here: