Material and delivery
Size and layout
- The size of the publication in layout should be the size of the final product.
- Create the publication for layout as single pages, not as spreads or pairs of pages.
- PDF files can contain several consecutive pages.
- Do not submit material with extra blank pages.
- Bleeds 3 mm.
The producer/creator of the PDF file is responsible for ensuring that the bleeds are sufficient.
- For 4-colour print jobs, all RGB-elements will be converted to the target CMYK-profile.
- In PunaMusta’s workflow 100% black will be forced to overprint and white will be forced to be knockout.
- Avoid placing elements closer than 4 mm from the edge of the page.
- Image resolution 300 dpi, irrespective of the rastering process. For newspaper products 200 dpi.
Do not use Scandinavian characters or special characters in file names. The names should contain an underscore in front of the page number but the name of the file must not start with an underscore.
ICC profiles for preparing and proofing material can be downloaded here:
Punamusta ICC profiles
Profiles for Heatset printing, select according to paper type:
- ISO Coated V2 300.icc, for MWC and HWC papers.
- PSO LWC Improved.icc, for LWC papers.
- PSO MFC-paper.icc, for MFC papers
- PuMu-Uncoated240_A, for UC and WFUC papers.
- SC_paper_eci.icc, for SC papers.
- ISO Coated V2.icc, for coated papers.
- PuMu-Uncoated240_A.icc, for uncoated papers.
- ISONewsPaper26v4.icc, for all papers.
If you use InDesign to create the page, we recommend producing a PDF file by Export to PDF.
You can download the JobOptions file Acrobat Distiller and InDesign CS here: [updated 13.5.2011]
ftp://ftp.punamusta.com Logins can be obtained from your account manager. Use an FTP client to transfer files.
Portal, a web-based system for receiving and approving materials: http://portal.punamusta.com
Logins can be obtained from your account manager.
Instructions for using the Portal system can be downloaded here: